- The Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only absolute truth. The Bible is the only authoritative rule of faith, worship, and Christian obedience.
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons, who created all things and upholds all things by His perfect will.
- Man is thoroughly sinful and needs salvation through a personal Redeemer, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is by grace alone through faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross, to atone for man’s sins.
- Christ is Lord over all of a Christian’s life. Each Christian’s duty is to live for God’s glory, submitting to His will as it is revealed in the Scriptures.
- The blessed hope of every Christian is the personal, visible, and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ. The expectation of the second coming of Christ, far from encouraging speculation, has a purifying effect on the life and conduct of true believers.
Christian education recognizes God, as revealed in the Bible, is the creator and sustainer of the universe. He alone is sovereign over nature, time, and man. He alone defines what is good, true, and beautiful. Therefore, education can only occur when these truths are applied in the teaching and personal development of students.
For a fuller explanation, see our philosophy statement, the article on education by Peter Barnes, and listen to this sermon by Walt Chantry.